Taco soup is the perfect crock pot soup, top it with taco chips, cheese and sour cream.
Yesterday I had the urge to make this soup after trying it for the first time at my friend Thelma’s house a few months ago. I used all mild when a choice was possible figuring if someone wanted it hotter, they could add it. It is a little spicy because of the Rotel tomatoes but I really like the heat level on this soup. This was originally a crockpot recipe but it was too late by the time I decided to make it to do in the crockpot, either way works great.
- 1 lb. Ground Beef
- 1 Medium Onion - Diced
- 15 oz Pinto Beans - Drained
- 15 oz Mild Chili Beans
- 10 oz Rotel (Diced Tomatoes with green chiles)
- 29 oz Crushed Tomatoes
- 2 Cups frozen or fresh Corn
- 1 Cup Mild Picante Sauce
- 2 cups water
- 1 Packet of Taco Seasoning
- 1 Packet of Ranch Dressing Seasoning Mix
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Taco Chips - broken into bite size pieces
- Shredded Cheese
- Sour Cream
- Brown ground beef and onion. Add everything else to the pan. Cook over low heat for 1 hour.
- Alternate method: Combine all ingredients and cook on High for 4 hours or on Low for 6+ Hours
Maybe you’d like to try?