Brownie Peanut Butter Krispies Bars
I used to make these years ago and lost the recipe. I found it one day last week and couldn’t wait to make them again. They start with a boxed brownie mix but you could make your favorite recipe too. Just make sure it is enough for a 9 x 13 pan.
Then a layer of peanut butter rice krispies tops the brownies when they are cool. Then you are going to top that with a creamy chocolate ganache. The ganache will stay soft, if you want it to harden put it in the refrigerator. I used to love to take these bars to family picnics.
- 1 brownie mix made according to package directions
- Peanut Butter Rice Krispies
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 bag marshmallows
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 6 cups rice krispies
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9 x 13 pan with cooking spray
- Make brownies according to package directions Cool
- Rice krispies
- When the brownies are cooled make the rice krispies part.
- Melt the butter in a large pan.
- Add the marshmallows and melt them. Stir them almost continuously.
- When melted stir in the peanut butter.
- Spread evenly over the top of the brownies.
- Pour the cream into a bowl. Heat until warm, less than 100 degrees.
- Stir in chocolate chips and stir until smooth.
- Pour over top of peanut butter rice krispies.
Maybe you’d like to try our recipe for?
Cinnamon Brown Sugar Cookie Bars
Deep Dish Chocolate Chip Blondies
Leave a Reply