Apple Cinnamon Muffins
Here’s a tasty muffin full of fall flavors. I bought my first bag of apples the other day and made these muffins this morning. I have always liked this recipe, the muffins are full of cinnamon and the apples makes the muffins very moist.
This is a muffin that will still be good the next day if kept covered. I used Granny Smith apples but any cooking apple will work. Courtlands, Johnagolds, Fujis, Granny Smiths or McIntosh are a few apples that come to mind real quick when I think about the kinds of apples I like to bake with.
- 2 cups flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 cups diced apples
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- ¼ cup oil
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- ½ cup buttermilk
- For the Topping:
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Put 12 cupcake liners in a cupcake pan.
- Melt the butter in the microwave.
- Peel and chop up the apples in small pieces.
- Mix together the flour, salt, baking powder, cinnamon and sugar in a mixing bowl.
- In a small bowl combine the eggs, buttermilk, vanilla, butter and oil. Stir until well mixed.
- Combine the sugar and cinnamon for the topping together in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Stir until everything is mixed together. Do not overmix. Stir in the apples.
- Fill the muffin cups almost to the top. Sprinkle with the topping ingredients.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 400 degrees. Turn down oven to 350 degrees. Bake for about 8 - 10 minutes. Remove when baked to a wire rack to cool.
Maybe you’d like to try?