Stovetop Macaroni and Cheese
Craving some macaroni and cheese? I know I do because who can not love a big bowl of cheesy goodness? This Stovetop Macaroni and Cheese can be put together and on the table in less than 25 minutes making it a perfect weeknight dinner or as a side dish.
- 2 cups elbow macaroni
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper
- dash of hot sauce
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. Reserve 1 cup pasta cooking water. Drain and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a pan. Stir in the flour and cook for several minutes.
- Stir in the milk slowly. Whisk continuously while you do. When mixture has thickened stir in the cheese off the heat. Whisk continuously. If it gets to thick whisk in a llittle of the reserved pasta water.
- Stir in the cooked macaroni. Season with the salt, pepper and hot sauce. Let set a few minutes before serving.
Maybe you’d like to try our recipe for?