Graham Cracker Pretzel Chocolate Toffee is made with graham crackers, a layer of homemade toffee, chocolate and salty pretzels. Break into pieces for serving and gift giving.
Graham Cracker Pretzel Chocolate Toffee
Today I am going to share the first of these 2 easy food gifts from you kitchen you make in less than an hour. Other than the hot toffee this Graham Cracker Pretzel Chocolate Toffee is a great thing to make and let the kids help. I love making things and giving them to my friends especially at Christmas. I always look for recipes I can do ahead so I am not scrambling that last week before Christmas. One of the things I discovered my friends really like are homemade marshmallows. Have you ever made those? If not and you have a stand mixer I would consider making them.
- 15 graham crackers
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1-1/2 cups crushed pretzels
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Layer the graham crackers in a coolie sheet lined with aluminum foil, parchment paper or silpat. You should have 5 rows with 3 graham crackers in each row.
- Add the butter, salt and brown sugar to a pan. Melt the butter over medium heat. Bring to a boil and stir the mixture for 3 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Pour the mixture over the graham crackers, spreading out if you need to with a spoon. Place in oven for 5-7 minutes, until bubbly.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with the chocolate chips, let set a few minutes and spread the chocolate out over the toffee.
- Spread the pretzels over the top of the chocolate, pressing down slightly to make sure they adhere to the chocolate.
- Let it cool completely. When set, break the toffee into two-bite pieces.
- Store in an air tight container for 1 - 2 weeks.
Maybe you’d like to try our recipe for?