Cod with Zucchini Noodles, Tomatoes and Basil
This was mmmm good! Not only that it can be prepared in 30 minutes or less. How’s that for a win-win? Have you bought a spiralizer yet? I bought one a few months ago and am just now getting it out to play with. I bought it right before I moved so it had to go on the back burner until I could actually start cooking again.
Spriralizers are so cool! I am just beginning to see all of the possibilities that can be done with it. The one I am using has 3 different sizes and one to spiralize a potato or hot dog without cutting thru it. If you’re just interested in being able to make the noodles, I would consider buying a hand held one at a third of the price of the one I’m using. I love the one I bought and it stores the blades too for me under the cutting platform.
- 1 6 oz. cod filet
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 medium zucchini
- 12 grape tomatoes
- 1/2 small onion
- 1 garlic clove - minced
- 4 - 6 large basil leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
- all purpose seasoning
- Season the cod filet with salt, pepper and your favorite all purpose seasoning. Set aside for a few minutes while you prepare the zucchini.
- Put the zucchini on the spiralizer with the medium blade. Spriralize.
- Slice the onion into thin slices.
- Cut the tomatoes in half.
- Tear or cut the basil into strips.
- Put the oil in a small pan. Sear the cod quickly on both sides. Cover and cook for about 6 minutes.
- Spray a large saute pan with cooking spray. Add the onion and minced garlic. Saute for a minute. Add the zucchini. Cook for about 3 minutes, Add the grape tomatoes and basil. Add salt and pepper to taste. Cook for a few more minutes.
I have the cookbook above and love it!
Maybe you’d like to try our recipe for?
This post contains an affiliate link.