Roasted asparagus with garlic cherry tomatoes and basil. Good hot or cold!
Roasted Asparagus with Garlic Grape Tomatoes
I am loving the fresh asparagus I see coming into the stores right now. I love roasted asparagus and this is one of my favorite ways to fix it. I have a pan that is like a cookie sheet only it has holes in it and it roasts quickly in this pan. A regular cookie sheet will work also you will just need to flip it once while cooking.
To make the tomato topping you are going to cut the tomatoes in half and add them to a saute pan with a little olive oil and garlic. Cook until they just start to collapse. That’s all, top them over the asparagus and a little parmesan cheese. These are also good over green beans.
- 1 lb. asparagus
- 1 clam shell Florida Grape Tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- 5 - 6 basil leaves
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Wash the asparagus and put on paper towels to dry. Break off about about an inch of the bottom on each stalk.
- Spray a cookie sheet. Spread the asparagus out into a single layer. Spray the asparagus lightly with the spray.
- Roast the asparagus for about 10 minutes or until tender crisp. Baking time will depend on the thickness of the asparagus.
- Cut the grape tomatoes into halves. Add the olive oil to a saute pan. Add the tomatoes. Slice the garlic into slivers. Add to the tomatoes. Quickly saute the tomatoes until they just start to wilt. Season with the salt and pepper. Tear up the basil and add to the tomatoes.
- Place the asparagus on a serving dish. Top with the tomato mixture. Sprinkle the parmesan over the tomatoes.
Maybe you’d like to try our?