Strawberry Citrus Cookie Tarts are Sugar Cookies topped with a Citrus Cream Cheese. Add Strawberries and Blueberries and brush with orange marmalade.
Strawberry Citrus Cookie Tarts
Wait until you have a bite of these, I’m not sure if I should call it a cookie or dessert. Whichever one it is they are delicious. My cousin made these several years ago for a family event and they’ve been on my mind ever since. It’s Strawberry month on the Fresh From Florida campaign I do so I made some large ones for it. After the first two were baked I thought why not show them both ways because options are always a good thing.
I love this photo, I want to reach right in with a fork and grab a bite or two of those delicious strawberries! See how these giant cookies are made.
I love a good sugar cookie, don’t you and they only get better when you make them this way!
- 1/3 cup coconut oil or shortening (I've tried both)
- 1/3 cup butter
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 oz. cream cheese - almost at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon milk or cream
- 3/4 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1/2 teaspoons orange zest or see my notes
- 1 quart of Florida Strawberries
- Orange Marmalade or Apricot Jelly
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease cookie sheets
- Add the sugar, butter and oil to a mixing bowl. Beat for 2 minutes.
- Add the vanilla and egg. Mix until incorporated.
- Add the flour, baking soda and salt. Mix well.
- Use a medium scoop and ball up 12 cookies. Roll, and then roll is sugar before putting on cookie sheet. Flatten with a glass.
- Bake for 9 - 11 minutes.
- Mix the cream cheese ingredients in a mixing bowl until creamy, Refrigerate 20 minutes.
- Heat orange marmalade in the microwave (See notes below)
- Wash strawberries, cut into halves. Wash blueberries. Put both and paper towels to dry off.
- Pipe the cream cheese onto the cookies.
- Place the strawberries and blueberries on the cookies, starting at the outside edge.
- Brush the marmalade on the strawberries and blueberries
I used the zest out of the orange marmalade in my citrus cream. Melt the orange marmalade in the microwave. Pour thru a small strainer to separate the zest from the jam. Stir the zest from the marmalade into the cream cheese. If the pieces look too big, give them a rough chop.
Maybe you’d like to try one of our other strawberry recipes?
Pin It to share for later!