Rosemary Chicken with Mushrooms and Caramelized Onions served with roasted potatoes and green beans.
Rosemary Chicken with Mushrooms and Caramelized Onions
I wish you could of smelled this cooking, it sure smelled good. I had no idea what I was going to make when I took these thin chicken pieces out of the freezer last night to thaw. A quick look in the refrigerator and I had a plan, sort of.
I knew I was going to use the fresh rosemary and I had some sweet onions. Then I spotted a 8 oz. package of whole mushrooms and now I had a plan.
This dish will come together in about 20 minutes and about 20 minutes minutes of baking time. So it is a pretty quick dish even for a weeknight. I served it with quickly blanched green beans and some potatoes I roasted in the oven.
If you like roasted potatoes try my easy version of them. I peel the potatoes and cut them into the size slices I want. I cook them in boiling salted water until almost tender, about 10 – 12 minutes. Drain well. Add 1 teaspoon of butter or olive oil and toss the potatoes gently. Add salt and pepper. Spray a cookie sheet with oil cooking spray. Place the potatoes on the pan in a single layer. If you want more butter than I put on them by all means do, but at this point I usually give them a quick spray with the oil cooking spray. You can use any seasonings you like on them. Bake them at 450 degrees for 15 minutes, turning once. Remove when golden brown.
- 1 package thin chicken breast pieces - about 1 1/2 lbs.
- 1/4 cup flour
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons oil
- sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2 - 3 cloves garli
- 1 1/2 cups sweet onion
- 8 oz package whole mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Salt and pepper the chicken pieces. Dredge them in the flour. Put half of the oil in a skillet. When hot add the chicken pieces. Quickly brown on both sides. While the chicken is cooking slice the onions and halve the mushrooms. Chop up the garlic. Remove the chicken to a plate when browned.
- Add the remaining oil to the pan, add the onions, garlic and mushrooms. Saute for several minutes until they start to brown. Season with a little salt and pepper. Add the chicken pieces back to the pan, add the chicken broth. Break up the rosemary sprigs and add to the pan. If you want a strong rosemary flavor give it a rough chop before adding.
- Cover the pan and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
Maybe you like to try our?