Try our healthy 3 Grains Cheerios™ Banana Muffins for Heart Health Month!
3 Grains Cheerios™ Banana Muffins
Celebrate Heart Health month with fun and flavorful new products and recipes the entire family will love!
I decided today to try and incorporate the Cheerios™ +Ancient Grains into a muffin with bananas in it. It’s a great way to get some healthy additions into a muffin.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole-wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1/2 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 cups ripe bananas mashed
- 3/4 cup 3 Grains Cheerios plus a few more for topping the muffins
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Put liners in a cupcake pan.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and brown sugar together in a mixing bowl.
- Add the eggs, yogurt, oil and bananas. Stir until all mixed together.
- Stir in the 3 Grains Cheerios.
- Fill the muffin liners to about 3/4 full. Top with a few of the cheerios cereal.
- Bake for 18 - 20 minutes.