Soft chocolate cookies full of chocolate chips and crushed oreo cookies in a chocolate batter make up these Chocolate, Chocolate Chip Oreo Cookies.
Chocolate, Chocolate Chip Oreo Cookies
Okay if a cookie has Oreo’s and chocolate chips, how could it go wrong? These Chocolate, Chocolate Chip Oreo Cookies are really good but I have to say that I would leave the Oreo’s in bigger pieces than I did because they get lost in the cookie if you do they too small. I crushed my Oreos in the food processor and next time I will either break them up by hand (I know time consuming) or with a rolling pin, or even half just done by hand might be a good mix. I want to know there is a bite of Oreo’s in these cookies.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, melted and cooled
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 8-10 Oreos, chopped (about 1 1/2 cups)
- Have butter at room temperature. Melt the semi-sweet chocolate and let cool.
- Add the butter and sugars to a mixer bowl fit with a paddle attachment or use a hand mixer. Cream sugar and butter together until light. Add the chocolate and the cocoa. Mix until incorporated. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat in until mixed.
- Add the flour and baking soda. Mix until incorporated.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and chopped oreos.
- Scoop the dough onto a greased cookie sheet using a medium scoop, about 2 tablespoons.
- Bake for 10 - 12 minutes at 350 degrees.