Baked Gingerbread Donuts taste like gingerbread in donut form.
Baked Gingerbread Donuts Recipe
These Baked Gingerbread Donuts are so good and I love that they are baked. I have bought several different sizes of pan now to bake these in. I will never fry another donut again. If you don’t have a donuts pans use mini muffin pans instead.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 Tbsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1/2 cup Splenda or sugar
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a standard donut or cupcake tin with paper or foil liners.
- In a bowl combine flour, cocoa powder, ginger, baking soda, and salt. Whisk to combine.
- In the other bowl combine melted butter, sugar, molasses, milk, and eggs. Whisk. Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredient bowl and fold in until no streaks of flour remain.
- Divide between muffin cups and bake 9-12 minutes (or until a cake tester or toothpick comes out clean).
- Dip in a glaze made of confectionery's sugar and water.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Yield: 12 donuts
Baked Chocolate Donuts – you need to try these, they are seriously good!