Creamy spaghetti and chicken with green chilies and cheddar cheese.
Thelma’s Chicken Spaghetti
This recipe comes from my friend Thelma, she is my friend that rarely cooks. I am so glad she decided to cook today because even though I thought I would have a recipe to share with you I don’t. I made a new recipe tonight with chicken thighs and lots of peppers and while it was okay it is not a recipe I will make again or even try to figure out how to save it. I may of liked it better if I had been planning to turn it into chicken philly subs, as a dinner with rice not so much.
I was surprised when I saw Thelma post this dish so I immediately wrote her and asked her permission to use her photo and recipe. She obliged and I am now sharing it with you. Doesn’t it look great?
- 8 oz pack spaghetti noodles
- 2 cans cheddar cheese soup
- 2 Chicken breasts
- 4 oz. Cream cheese
- Green chilies chopped
- 4 oz. Pimento
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 8 oz. shredded cheddar cheese
- onion – diced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Boil chicken but save broth to boil noodles in. Cook spaghetti noodles in chicken broth. Chop up chicken.
- In a large bowl, mix chopped chicken, cream cheese, pimento, soup. green chilies, and one cup chicken broth.
- In 11 x 13 baking pan, first put the spaghetti noodles. Cover with cheddar cheese soup. Cover with chicken mixture.
- Fry onion and sprinkle over chicken mixture with the shredded cheese.
- Bake 350 for about an hour.