Quick and easy dessert, light, lemony and cold. Perfect for summer entertaining!
Lemonade Refrigerator Pie
I’ve been seeing this pie around this summer, I am not sure where it originated from. I made some changes to it and loved the way it came out. It had the brightness of a fresh lemon and is as light as clouds. This pie has to set at least 6 hours before cutting or you will have a mess on your hands.
In the picture above the pie had set only about 5 hours. After sitting overnight it sliced beautifully. The only changes I might still do it is to add a few drops of yellow food color to increase the color and to decorate the top with whipped cream and lemon slices or lemon drops.
- 1 8 oz. package cream cheese - slightly softened
- 6 oz. frozen lemonade - thawed a little
- juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1 12 oz. can condensed milk
- 2 - 3 drops yellow food coloring - optional
- 1 12 oz. carton whipped topping
- 1 graham cracker crust
- Mix the cream cheese and condensed milk together. Add frozen lemonade, juice of a lemon and zest. Mix until smooth. Fold in whipped topping. Pour into pie shell. Cover and refrigerate for at least 6 hours of overnight or freeze.
- Note: If adding food coloring I would add 2 - 3 drops when I mix in the condensed milk.
- Dress it up! Right before serving, decorate the top with whip cream swirls and lemon slices.
Maybe you’d like to try?