Fruit laden muffins that start with a yellow cake mix.
These muffins start out with a yellow cake mix so these muffins are definitely on the cakey side. They are full of fruit and nuts in every bite. I honestly think you could put some frosting on them and call them cupcakes too! I wouldn’t use a cake mix that has pudding in the mix for these.
- 1 18 oz. yellow cake mix - not the pudding kind
- 1 cup mashed bananas
- 1 cup drained crushed pineapple (save the juice)
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice - add water if needed
- 1/2 cup maraschino cherries - chopped
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup walnuts - chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare muffin tins with liners, set aside. Add cake mix to your mixing bowl. Add the eggs, juice, cinnamon and oil. Blend together.
- Add the pineapple, bananas and cherries. Mix together until combined. Stir in walnuts.
- Fill muffin liners almost full. Bake for 18 - 20 minutes or until a tester comes out clean. Cool.
Maybe you’d like to try?