Spicy and crispy best describes this oatmeal cookie.
Oatmeal Spice Cookies
Spicy and crispy best describes this oatmeal cookie. I’ve made cookies twice this week something I rarely do unless it is Christmas time. I may make these again at Christmas only a smaller size, they would be a perfect filler type cookie on a cookie tray for gift giving. These oatmeal spice cookies are an awesome cookie that delights the taste buds. This recipe only makes about 20 cookies so perfect if you are cooking for one or two people.
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 5 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- Cream together butter and sugar. Beat in vanilla and egg.
- Combine flour, spices and baking soda in a small bowl. Stir in flour and oats; mix until everything is evenly distributed.
- Using a scoop place balls of dough 2-3 inches apart on an greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350ºF for 12 minutes or until crisp on the edges. Cool 2-3 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
Maybe you’d like to try our Oatmeal Cream Pies?