Orange Pineapple Delight Ice Cream is a vanilla based ice cream with orange juice and pineapple bits in it.
Orange Pineapple Delight Ice Cream
I got oranges this week intending to my family’s orange sherbet recipe, until I got the recipe out and realized it had egg whites in it. I don’t have any pasteurized eggs right now so I made this instead. This recipe was really good and I will make it again. I basically took my vanilla ice cream recipe and added the fruits and juices to it.
- 3 navel oranges
- 1 lemon
- 1 cup crushed pineapple with juice
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 cups milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon orange extract (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- pinch salt
- Add eggs to a saucepan and beat up until well blended.
- Zest the lemon and oranges and set aside. Juice the fruits into the pan. Add the sugar, dash salt and 1 cup of the milk. Cook over low heat until mixture coats the back of a spoon, stirring often.
- Add zest, vanilla, remaining milk and heavy cream. Refrigerate until very cold.
- Freeze as directed by the manufacturer of your ice cream maker.
- Makes 1 quart
- That's My Home
Homemade Vanilla Bean Ice Cream