Crack Sticks are bread stuffed with a cream cheese filling and rolled in butter and cinnamon sugar before baking. Yum!
Crack sticks or cinnamon cream cheese bread roll-ups? You decide, whatever you call it these are positively addictive. I just went to put this recipe in a category and I think this is the first time I ever used desserts and brunch for a recipe. I saw this recipe floating around Facebook last week and decided last night to try them. I only had a loaf of Texas Toast so I used that instead of the loaf of thin bread the original recipe called for. These are great either hot or cold.
- 1 loaf Texas Toast
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 3/4 cup confectionery sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- dash salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3/4 cup butter
- Melt butter, set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Cut the crusts from the bread. With a rolling pin, flatten the bread.
- Mix together the cream cheese, confectionery sugar, vanilla and salt.
- Mix together cinnamon and sugar in a pie plate or something big enough you can roll the rolls in.
- Spread about a tablespoon of the cream cheese mixture on the bread. Dip it in the butter and then in the cinnamon sugar mixture. Place on a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 18 - 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Good either hot or cold.
Maybe you’d like to try?
Follow me on Pinterest