Easy to make dump cake with pineapple, pecans and coconut with cream cheese frosting.
I made this cake a few weeks ago and it is really delicious. It is an easy cake to make, it is pretty much a dump cake. You know the kind, put the ingredients into a bowl and mix, pour in pan and bake. If you need something fast this just might be what you are looking for. This cake would also be good warm, topped with whipped cream or ice cream and caramel sauce.
Here is a picture of the cake before I frosted it. As you can see I only put coconut on half as it is not one of my favorite foods which is also the reason you don’t see a lot of coconut recipes here. However I do have quite a few coconut loving friends so occasionally you will see one here.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 20 oz. can crushed pineapple with juice
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1 8 oz. cream cheese softened
- 2 cups confectioners sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- Mix the dry ingredients. Add in the eggs, pineapple along with its juice, and the pecans. Stir just until moistened.
- Pour into a buttered 9×13 inch baking pan. Top with the coconut.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for about 35 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool completely.
- Make Icing: Combine cream cheese, butter, confectioners sugar, and vanilla. Beat until smooth.
- Frost cake using all the frosting.
Maybe you’d like to try?