Beef, corn and tomatoes in a cheesy sauce with Doritos, lettuce, tomatoes and sour cream.
Doritos Cheesy Beef Casserole
Need something quick for dinner? This is it and I bet the kids will love it. I am sure the recipe will work equally as well with corn chips as Doritos in case that is what you have.
Yesterday I went on long ride (550 miles) to look at a vintage camper. When looking for a place to have a late lunch we ran across a restaurant called “It Doesn’t Matter”. I have to admit I was curious why someone would name a restaurant that. Our server happily told the story. When the restaurant was opened the owners couldn’t figure out a name for it until they started thinking about how many times you ask someone what they want for dinner and they tell you it doesn’t matter. How many times have you heard this when you can’t figure out what is for dinner? So they named the restaurant “It Doesn’t Matter”. I had really yummy hamburgers and left wishing we had this restaurant where we live.
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 2 tablespoons taco spices
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 1/2 cups salsa or 1 can Rotel
- 1 can of corn, drained
- 2 cups Mexican cheese, shredded
- 1/2 bag of nacho cheese Doritos
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly spray a 9 x 13 pan with cooking spray. Crush the Doritos and cover the bottom of the dish. Reserve one cup of cheese.
- Brown the ground beef. Add the soup, salsa or rotel, corn and cook for 10 minutes. Stir in 1 cup of the cheese. Pour the mixture over the Doritos.
- Bake for 20 min. Top casserole with the remaining cheese and bake 5 additional minutes or until melted.
- Note: The casserole in the picture is half of the recipe. I reserved the other half to make another day.
Maybe you’d like to try?