Strawberry Cupcakes with Strawberry 7 Minute Fluffy Frosting
Aren’t these pretty? I have a meeting to go to tonight and decided we needed a snack. I had never made strawberry cupcakes until a few weeks ago when I had to make a mermaid cake. I really liked it so I decided right away to make strawberry cupcakes. As they were baking I dug into my files to find this frosting recipe. It is so good and uses fresh strawberries.
- 1 cup Strawberries, mashed
- 2 Egg whites, unbeaten
- 1 1/2 cups Sugar
- 5 tablespoons Strawberry puree
- 1/2 cup Light corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon Lemon juice
- Press strawberries through a fine wire sieve. Remove as much of the liquid as you can.
- Combine egg whites, sugar, 5 tablespoons strawberry puree, corn syrup, and lemon juice in top of double boiler, beating with rotary egg beater until thoroughly mixed.
- Place over rapidly boiling water, beating constantly with rotary egg beater, and cook 6 to 7 minutes, or until frosting will stand in peaks. Remove from boiling water and beat until thick enough to spread.
- Makes enough frosting to cover tops and sides of two 8-inch layers. (I frosted 40 cupcakes with this frosting)
- Mary Ellen