Butterscotch Balls are filled with peanut butter, dates and walnuts and covered with a butterscotch coating.
We make these Butterscotch Balls every year for Christmas. They are one of my favorite candies. Store them in an airtight container. They will keep a couple of weeks making them a great make ahead recipe for Christmas.
- 2 cups Powdered Sugar
- 6 tablespoons Butter – at room temperature
- 1½ cups Crunchy Peanut Butter
- ½ cups Walnuts - chopped
- 2 cups Dates – chopped
- 12 oz. Butterscotch Chips
- In a mixing bowl combine powdered sugar, butter and peanut butter. Stir in nuts and dates. Roll into small balls.
- Melt butterscotch chips over a double boiler. Dip balls into butterscotch. Place on wax paper to harden.
- Note: If butterscotch is to thick add a tablespoon of vegetable oil.
Maybe you’d like to try our recipe for?