Delicious Unstuffed Pepper Soup is made with the same ingredients you would use if you were making stuffed peppers.
Unstuffed Pepper Soup Recipe
Loved this soup. I went grocery shopping the other day and had forgotten I had already bought a bag of sweet mini peppers, so what to do? I made this soup to use them up and it turned out great! I used a pound of peppers in this soup and you will notice there were no green ones, the mini sweet peppers only come in red, yellow and orange, feel free to use whatever peppers you have.
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 – 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb. peppers, cut into bite size pieces – (I used mini sweets)
- 1 28 oz. can petit tomatoes
- 1 28 oz. can water
- 1 can beef broth
- 1 can tomato soup
- 1 cup rice, not instant – (I use Uncle Ben’s)
- salt and pepper
- Brown ground beef with onion and garlic.
- Add remaining ingredients except rice. Cook for 30 minutes over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Add rice and cook another 20 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Note: This soup freezes well.
- That's My Home