Easy Doritos Taco Casserole
It’s time for Sunday Supper! The Sunday Supper taste makers have got together and we are sharing dinner ideas using ground beef. I decided to make this Easy Doritos Taco Casserole because we really love it. The best thing is you can have it in the oven in less than 20 minutes so it fits the bill when you need something fast. Serve it with lettuce, tomatoes, salsa or sour cream on the side.
Brown the ground beef, onions and green peppers. Drain of any excess grease if there is some.
Next you are going to add the soup, water and taco seasoning. Bring it to a boil. Cook until it starts to thicken. This is what the meat mixture will look like when ready to put over the Doritos. It will soften some of the Doritos but most will stay crunchy.
First layer of Doritos, meat mixture and cheese. Top with remaining ingredients.
This is what it looked like going into the oven.
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1 can mushroom soup
- 1/2 soup can water
- 1 11 oz. bag Doritos
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- For Serving
- Sour Cream
- Brown the ground beef. Add the onions and green pepper. Cook until onion turns translucent, about 5 minutes. Drain of any excess grease if there is some.
- Add the mushroom soup, taco mix and water. Cook 5 more minutes until the mixture starts to thicken up.
- Spray an 8 x 8 pan with cooking spray. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Crush half of the bag of Doritos and place in bottom of pan.
- Top with half of meat mixture.
- Add half of the cheese.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Bake for 20 - 25 minutes until hot and bubbly. Let set 5 minutes before serving with the condiments.
Dinner Ideas Using Ground Beef
- Albondigas Soup [Spicy Mexican Meatball Soup] by Wanderspice
- Easiest Greek Hamburgers by Positively Stacey
- Easy Doritos Taco Casserole by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Enchilada Burgers by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Ground Beef and Vegetables over Garlic Seasoned Potatoes by Hot Eats and Cool Reads
- Keema Curry (Keema Matar) by Caroline’s Cooking
- Meat and Potato Skillet Gratin by From the Bookshelf
- Low Carb Mini Mexican Meatza by My Life Cookbook
- Picnic Taco Salad by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Sweet Potato Crust Cheeseburger Pizza by Pies and Plots
- Taco Salad with Salsa Dressing by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Poached Egg Burger with Caramelized Onions by Sunday Supper Movement
The Sunday Supper Movement is committed to bringing our readers delicious recipes that encourage them to gather and eat together around the family table. Search for your favorite ingredients on our Sunday Supper website. Also check out the Sunday Supper Pinterest boards for plenty more ideas and inspiration.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
Maybe you’d like to try another of our recipes using ground beef?