Cinnamon Roll Pizza
Wait until you taste all of this deliciousness. You’ll be like me wondering where this pizza has been all of your life. It’s Sunday Supper time, I’d been absent for awhile but am back because I really believe in the mission of Sunday Supper. It’s been a crazy summer in more ways than one. It is time to get our families back to the dinner table especially around my house! I don’t know about you but I really miss this. Growing up in the 60’s Sunday always meant dinner at my grandmothers. We all tried to be there and I love all of the happy memories that I have of this time. My grandmother had 8 children so when we were all there, well you can imagine what it was like. What I wouldn’t give to have one more Sunday there!
My dad worked 3rd shift when I was growing up but mom still had dinner at the table most every night. I learned to cook watching all of my aunts, my mom and grandmother in the kitchen. When I couldn’t be helping I got a seat on the red stool where I could watch it all.
It is National Pizza Month so today we are all making pizzas! I can’t wait to see what the other Sunday Supper taste makers are making today. I decided to make a breakfast pizza but it could also work for dessert. We’re sharing more than 50 different pizza recipes today! I hope you are as excited as I am to see what everyone has made.
Spread on that cinnamon spread almost to edges. Be sure to kind of crimp the edges of the dough or the cinnamon spread will go all over your oven as the pizza bakes. Just saying…
Here’s what it looks like when it comes out of the oven. By the way it will make your house smell amazing while it bakes.
Add the glaze and cut with a pizza cutter. Be careful as that cinnamon mixture is hot. I’d wait about 20 minutes before serving.
- Pizza Dough
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 package yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- Cinnamon Sugar Topping
- 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup oatmeal - old fashioned or quick
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups confectioners sugar
- 1/3 cup milk - just enough to make a drizzle
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Add the yeast to a small dish with some of the water and a tablespoon of the sugar. Let set about 5 minutes until bubbly.
- Add the flour, remaining sugar and salt to a food processor or standing mixer. Add the yeast, oil and remaining water to the bowl. Add the flour and continue to beat or stir the flour in.
- Process until it comes to a ball in the food processor and let it run for 2 minutes. If using a stand mixer beat with a dough hook until mixed. Then continue to mix for about 5 minutes.
- Cover and let raise until doubled. Can be made ahead and put in the refrigerator. Spread out on a greased 12 inch greased pizza pan when ready to make the pizza.
- Mix together the topping ingredients in a bowl. Spread over the dough. Bake at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes before adding glaze.
- Mix the glaze together in a small bowl. Drizzle over the topping.
Look at all of these awesome pizza recipes by the Sunday Supper taste makers.
- Cauliflower Crust Pizza by Monica’s Table
- Cool Veggie and Ranch Pizza Appetizer by Positively Stacey
- Pepperoni Cheese Pizza Sliders by Family Around the Table
- Pizza Beef Wontons by Asian in America
- Pizza Potato Skins by Casa de Crews
- Cinnamon Roll Pizza by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Home Canned Pizza Sauce by What Smells So Good?
- Caramel Apple Dessert Pizza by The Foodie Affair
- Cheesecake Pizza by The Redhead Baker
- Coconut Macaroon Pizza by Pies and Plots
- Fresh Fruit Pizza by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Bacon Jam, Pear and Butternut Squash Pizza by Caroline’s Cooking
- Bagel Pizzas by And She Cooks
- BBQ Bacon Mango Pizza by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Candy Corn Pizza by Palatable Pastime
- Chicago Deep Dish Pizza by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Chicken Pesto Calzone by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Chicken Pot Pie French Bread Pizza by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Chicken Vegetable Pizza (Low-Carb) by My Life Cookbook
- Copycat UNO’s Pizza by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Deep Dish Fondue Pizza by Momma’s Meals
- Deluxe Imo’s Pizza Lasagna Rolls by Crazed Mom
- Easy French Bread Pizza by Confessions of a Cooking Diva
- Everything Pizza Tartin by Sunday Supper Movement
- Fall Veggie Pizza by The Culinary Compass
- Gluten Free Curried Pumpkin Chicken Pizza by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Grilled Pepperoni and Sausage Pizza Wraps by Food Lust People Love
- Hawaiian Pizza Salad by Cricket’s Confections
- Homemade Pan Pizza by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Lahmacun (Turkish Pizza) by Curious Cuisiniere
- Lunchtime Pizza Muffins by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Meatball Sub Pizza by Life Tastes Good
- Mexican Pizza by Moore or Less Cooking
- Mexican-Style Corn Tortilla Pizzas by Home Sweet Homestead
- Mom’s Family Style Cavatini by Powered by BLING
- Onion Tart by Wholistic Woman
- Philly Cheesesteak Flatbread Pizza by Family Foodie
- Pizza Grilled Cheese by Eat, Drink and Be Tracy
- Pizza Pot Pies by Brunch-n-Bites
- Pizza Steak Hoagie by The Freshman Cook
- Pizza Toscana by Cooking with Carlee
- Roasted Garlic and Spinach Pizza with Balsamic Onions by Helpful Homemade
- Rustic Bacon & Citrus Pizza by Gourmet Everyday
- Sausage and Peppers Pizza by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Sausage Arugula Pizza by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Shaved Brussels Sprouts and Bacon Grilled Pizza by Our Good Life
- Spinach and Feta Stuffed Pizza Bread by Mindy’s Cooking Obsession
- Supreme Breakfast Pizza by The Crumby Cupcake
- Taco Dip Pizza by Hardly a Goddess
- Tandoori Chicken Pizza with Fresh Basil and Mozzarella by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- The Mac Pizza by Seduction in the Kitchen
- Vegan Margherita Pizza by Simple and Savory
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
Laura Dembowski says
Now this is my kind of pizza! love anything with all that cinnamon!
Denise Wright says
Such a creative and delicious idea! This would be fun for a special breakfast or brunch.
Sarah Reid, CNP (@jo_jo_ba) says
Still my beating heart! Do you deliver?
Mary Ellen says
Sometimes I do!
Cindy Kerschner says
My kind of breakfast!
I LOVE this! Honestly. My next brunch or the next time I have visitors I am making this. Yum!
Lauren @ Sew You Think You Can Cook says
I LOVE THIS IDEA! Seriously. Can’t wait to try this one on a Sunday morning.
Can I make this with pillsbury biscuit dough in stead of pizza dough?
Yes but it will be flaky and will puff up way more.
Tasted good, but it took 40 minutes to bake and that was when I rolled it out really thin.