I received compensation for this post. All opinions are mine.
Bruegger’s Blueberry Bagel French Toast
Bagels are one of my favorite breakfast or snack foods. Making a bagels into french toast takes it to a whole new level! I was a little concerned that the bagels might not be suited to make a tender french toast but I can say these blueberry bagels from Bruegger’s did not disappoint. The eggs turned the bagels into a wonderful custard texture.
I started off going into Tampa to buy 2 dozen bagels of all varieties at Bruegger’s Bagels. Everyone of them was so good. I shared them with a friends and saved out the blueberry bagels to make this french toast. While there I also picked up a couple tubs of their cream cheese, the strawberry one I used here and a Bacon Scallion one I gobbled down with my Everything Bagels. I sampled one of their delicious Cranberry muffins while I was there also.
- 4 Bruegger’s Blueberry Bagels
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- oil for cooking
- 1 pint blueberries
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1 container Brueggers Strawberry Cream Cheese
- Slice the Bruegger’s Blueberry Bagels in half.
- Add the eggs to a large flat pan that will hold the Bruegger’s Blueberry Bagels in a single layer. Stir in the milk.
- Dip the bagels into the egg mixture and place cut side down in the pan. Cover and let set overnight in the refrigerator.
- Add the blueberries to the maple syrup in a sauce pan. Bring to a boil and let mixture cook until the blueberries are cooked, about 10 minutes.
- Add the oil to a large frying pan and bring to medium heat. Cook the bagels on both sides until lightly browned.
- Put half of the bagel on a plate. Top with 3 scoops of the Brueggers Strawberry Cream Cheese. Add the top half of the Bruegger’s Blueberry Bagel. Top with a few spoonfuls of the blueberry syrup.
New on the menu this summer!
Mediterranean Sunrise – a hearty sandwich with fresh-cracked egg, Genoa salami, red peppers, cucumbers and feta cheese on the new limited-time-only toasted Spinach-Parmesanbagel
- Greek Goddess – roasted turkey, feta cheese, fresh tomatoes, cucumbers, spicy arugula piled high on butter-toasted potato bread and topped with champagne vinaigrette
- Organic 20-hour cold brew coffee – small batches of artisan-roasted, triple-origin Aztec Organic coffee beans are steeped for 20 hours, creating a smooth, sweet, spicy beverage with hints of citrus and a caramel finish
- Whipped Blueberry Greek Cream Cheese & Greek Yogurt – adding yogurt to cream cheese makes for a lighter, easier-to-spread texture with four times the protein and 50 percent less fat.
- Coconut Iced Coffee – a breath of fresh sea air that is reminiscent of the fruity, refreshing drinks of the Caribbean. It can also be served hot.
Thomas Jones says
Would love to have a Brueggers bagel store in the the Rio Grande Valley of South Texas. They are the best. Have to wait til we go to Omaha once a year.