Bud’s Best sent me the cookies used in this recipe. All opinions are my own.
Bud’s Brookie Bars
Today’s recipe is part cookies, part brownies! The best of both worlds. Cookie dough is wrapped around Bud’s Best Caco Chocolate Sandwich Cookies and then brownie batter is poured over all. Add some chocolate frosting and a few more of Bud’s Best Caco Chocolate Sandwich Cookies and we’re done.
Have you heard of Bud’s Best Cookies? They are the little cookie with the big taste! I love opening a bag of them and there are 19 different varieties available in the 6 oz. bags.
I’m in a contest with My Foodies TV with 10 other bakers this week. I’d love it if you take the time to vote for me!
- 1 box of your favorite brownie mix
- Cookie Layer
- 2 1/8 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 bag of Bud's Best Caco Sandwich Cookies
- Chocolate Frosting
- Mix the butter and the sugar together for the cookie layer. When mixed thoroughly add the egg and vanilla.
- Add the flour, salt and baking soda.
- Wrap a portion off the dough around one of the Bud's Best Caco Sandwich Cookies. Place on the bottom of a greased 9 x 12 baking dish. You'll need 24 of the cookie balls.
- Mix the brownie layer as directed on the box. Pour over the cookie balls. Spread it over the cookie balls.
- Bake at 325 for 1 hour. A tester will pull out clean when they are done. Cool.
- Crush the remaining Bud's Best Caco Sandwich Cookies in the bag. Make or buy chocolate frosting. Spread over the top. Spread the cookies over the top.