This post is sponsored by the Florida Strawberry Growers Association in conjunction with a social media campaign through Sunday Supper LLC. All opinions are my own.
Strawberry Cream Pie
Strawberries are in season right now and are the perfect taste of summer in the winter! I look forward to strawberry season every winter since moving to Florida a few years ago. I start to see our fresh grown Florida strawberries around the middle of December and the season runs until April. It’s easy to add flavor and nutrition to your favorite dishes with Fresh from Florida Strawberries. Today our Sunday Supper family is going to share some of our favorite sweet to savory strawberry recipes with you.
I’ve been to the strawberry farm every week now since it opened. Today I’m sharing my go to Strawberry Cream Pie recipe that I have made for years. It is so simple to make. I took a trip out to our local strawberry farm yesterday just to get the strawberries. They serve the best strawberry ice cream sundae’s and strawberry shortcakes, it is hard to leave without having a taste. Oh and the fresh strawberry milkshakes are hard to turn down too! I love sitting out at the picnic tables enjoying the view of the strawberry fields.
Did you know that just 8 medium strawberries equal your daily requirement of vitamin C and less than 50 calories? Strawberry Sue has 10 great reasons that you should be eating strawberries.
There are a couple of tips if you want to take some shortcuts when making this pie. You can use a store bought pie crust if you want but there should be enough filling to fill 2 of the store bought crusts. You can also substitute whipped topping for the whipped cream in the recipe. I’ve done this a couple of times and I use about half of the carton of whipped topping. This pie is also good frozen! Take it out of the freezer at least 15 minutes ahead of serving.
- 1 sleeve graham crackers crushed
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 cups crushed strawberries
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 package unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cool water
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Crush the graham cracker crumbs. Add the sugar and butter. When thoroughly mixed dump it all into a pie pan. Press down the crust on the sides and bottom of pie pan. Bake for 10 minutes at 375 degrees. Cool,
- Mix the cream cheese with the sugar.
- Wash the strawberries and put them in a food processor. Chop them up. Measure out 3 cups of berries into the mixing bowl. Stir until well combined.
- Add the cool water to a small bowl. Sprinkle the gelatin over the top. Mix together and let the gelatin soften for 5 minutes. Stir it. Put it in the microwave for 10 seconds. Stir again. Add the gelatin to the strawberry mixture.
- Whip the cream into stiff peaks. Fold it into the strawberry mixture. Pour the mixture into the crust.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Florida Strawberry Growers Association Website
- Strawberry Sue Website
- Florida Strawberry on Facebook
- Florida Strawberry on Twitter
- Florida Strawberry on Instagram
- Florida Strawberry on Pinterest
- Strawberry Sue on YouTube
- Strawberry Sue on Twitter
This weekend 20 bloggers from the Sunday Supper family were chosen to go to Plant City, FL. will learn about Florida Strawberry Growers and the Florida Strawberry Industry. Bloggers will be touring farms and enjoying demos, photography sessions, food styling, and guest speakers. Watch for my live posts on Twitter to see what we’re doing.
Some of our other sponsors for this event are the Epicurean Hotel, Edge Rooftop Bar at Epicurean, Elevage Restaurant, Cask Social Kitchen, Ava, Bern’s Harry Waugh Dessert Room in Tampa. Watch for my post this week sharing all of the fun we had and more about fabulous strawberries!
For more Florida Strawberry Recipes visit StrawberrySue.com.
To see what the Sunday Supper taste makers have prepared for you this week, just follow the links to some terrific recipes!
- Strawberry Bee’s Knees by Go Epicurista
- Strawberries with Balsamic Glaze by Life Tastes Good
- Strawberry Hotteok (Fried Stuffed Pancake) by kimchi MOM
- Strawberry Salsa 2-Ways by Midlife Road Trip
- Strawberry and Cream Cheese Breakfast Pastries with a Strawberry Dipping Sauce by The Healthy Fit Foodie
- Grilled Chicken Salad with Strawberry Balsamic Dressing by Momma’s Meals
- Sparkling Strawberry Salad by Magnolia Days
- Strawberry Steak Salad by Family Foodie
Strawberry Main Dishes
- Chicken Fajitas with Strawberry-Jalapeno Salsa by Casa de Crews
- Roasted Balsamic Strawberries and Brie Grilled Sandwich by Sunday Supper Movement
- Savory Balsamic Roasted Strawberry and Basil Grilled Cheese by Pass The Sushi
- Strawberry Bruschetta Chicken by The Dinner-Mom
- Chocolate Strawberry Tart by Desserts Required
- Strawberry Cream Pie by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Strawberry Fraisier by Love and Confections
- Strawberry Upside-Down Cheesecake by The Crumby Cupcake
Florida Winter Strawberry Recipes by Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.