Slow Cooker Eye of Round Roast
This is a great way to cook the eye of round roast. It cooks long and slow resulting in a tender fall apart roast. The eye of round roast is an economical cut of beef that if not cooked right can be really tough. This one was about 3 lbs. and cooked on high for 6 hours.
You can see above how tender this roast got. I served it with some roasted honey carrots and mashed potatoes with gravy. It was all really yummy!
- 3 - 4 lbs. eye of round roast
- salt and pepper
- 1 onion
- 1 tablespoon oil
- ¼ cup water
- Dry off the roast using paper towels.
- Salt and pepper the roast really well.
- Add the oil to a saute pan. Add the roast and brown it well. Put the roast in the slow cooker.
- Add the onions to the same pan. Brown the onions. Top the roast with them.
- Add water.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 6 hours.
Maybe you’d like to try our recipe for?