Honey Oatmeal Bread
It’s Bread Bakers time of the month and this months theme is Oatmeal. The challenge was to make any kind of bread as long as it contains oatmeal. This oatmeal bread recipe is about as basic as could be and delicious too. If you are a peanut butter toast kind of person, you want to bake this bread.
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup rolled oats (not instant)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 package yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 1/4 cups lukewarm milk
- Add the water, yeast and 1 teaspoon sugar to a small bowl. Set aside for 5 minutes or until bubbly.
- Add the flour, oats and salt to a mixing bowl. Whisk together with the dough hook. Add the yeast, honey, butter and milk to the bowl. Mix until it forms a shaggy mass. Continue to beat with the dough hook until the dough comes together. Let mixer go on medium speed for at least 5 minutes, dough will be smooth and shiny.
#BreadBakers is a group of bread loving bakers who get together once a month to bake bread with a common ingredient or theme. Follow our Pinterest board right here. Links are also updated each month on this home page.
We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient.
If you are a food blogger and would like to join us, just send Stacy an email with your blog URL to email@example.com.
Oatmeal Bread themed #BreadBakers:
- Agave Oatmeal Sour Dough Bread from My Catholic Kitchen
- Applesauce Oatmeal Bread from Hostess at Heart
- Banana Oatmeal Loaf from Basic N Delicious
- Blueberry Currant Oatmeal Bread from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Cinnamon Raisin Oatmeal Bread from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Honey Oatmeal Bread from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Honey Oatmeal Bread from Recipes, Food and Cooking
- Honey-Oatmeal Muffins from A Baker’s House
- Honey Oats Bread Loaf from Gayathri’s Cook Spot
- Honey Nut Oatmeal Waffles from Magnolia Days
- Honey Wheat Oat Bread from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Irish Oat and Whole Wheat Bread from Cali’s Cuisine
- Lemon Blueberry Oat Bread from Kids & Chic
- Multigrain Twist Bread from What Smells So Good?
- Oat Breadsticks from Passion Kneaded
- Oatmeal and Whole Wheat Rolls from Sneha’s Recipe
- Oatmeal Buttermilk Bread from Ruchik Randhap
- Oatmeal Porridge Sandwich Loaf from Bakers and Best
- Oatmeal Stout Loaf from Food Lust People Love
- Oat & Honey Bread from La Cocina de Aisha
- Oats and Millet Idli from Spice Roots
- Oats Bread with Maple and Walnut by Cook’s Hideout
- Oats Garlic Kulcha from SimplyVeggies
- Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chips Oatmeal Scones from G’Gina’s Kitchenette
- Rolled Oat Sourdough Boule from A Shaggy Dough Story
- Savory Oats Scones from Sara’s Tasty Buds
- Triple Seeded Oat Bread from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Whole Wheat Honey Oatmeal Bread from Spill the Spices