This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #PutItOnARitz #CollectiveBias
Shrimp with Greek Spinach Topping on a RITZ®
I’m always looking for new easy appetizers to make. This one can even be made ahead and assembled just before serving. I just love RITZ® crackers, we always have them on hand. Confession time! I love dipping them in peanut butter and they’re even better if you have a bowl of warm chocolate to dip it all in. For traveling I always have a box of RITZ® Bits Peanut Butter with me. There is no shortage of ways to enjoy RITZ® crackers.
RITZ® is having an Instagram Challenge! They want to know what you’re putting on your RITZ® crackers. You could win one of the forty $100.00 Walmart e-Gift Cards! No purchase required. Take a picture of what you’re making and upload it to Instagram for your chance to win. Be sure to leave the crackers whole! They have so many amazing flavors now the possibilities are endless.
Look for RITZ® crackers at Walmart. In my local store they are across from the dairy products at the back of the store.
Getting all of your ingredients out first will save time. I forgot to get my Greek Seasoning out and then had to spend 10 minutes finding it because I hadn’t put it back where it belonged when I refilled it. If you’ve never tried Greek Seasoning before it is a blend of salt, Turkish oregano, garlic, lemon peel, Tellicherry black pepper and marjoram. I love it and use it often.
I used large shrimp because that is what I had in my freezer. If you use medium or small shrimp you might want to do one shrimp per cracker instead of dividing the shrimp like I did. When you think about what you can put on a RITZ® I always try to think of something I have on hand. That is what makes a RITZ® cracker the perfect appetizer for an impromptu party. I about always have a block of cream cheese in my refrigerator which is always a great starter for a dip.
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 6 oz. frozen spinach - squeezed of moisture
- 6 whole water chestnuts
- 1½ teaspoon Greek seasoning (divided)
- 12 large shrimp
- Ritz Crackers
- lemon peel garnish
- green onions garnish
- Place a pan of water on the stove with ½ teaspoon of the Greek seasoning. When it comes to a boil add the shrimp. When the shrimp turn pink (2 - 3 minutes) immediately take off of the heat and drain. Run cold water over them to stop the cooking. When the shrimp are cool, slice down the center into 2 parts.
- Place water chestnuts in a food processor. Give them a couple of whirls to start chopping them up. Add the spinach, cream cheese and Greek seasoning to the food processor. Pulse several times until it is combined. Put it in a pastry bag fitted with a round tip. I used a 2A.
- Pipe the filling on the cracker. Top with a shrimp half. Top with green onions and lemon peel. Serve immediately.
What else can I put on a RITZ®? I love this sweet pepper relish I made a few months ago with a spoonful of cream cheese and then this on top. It is amazing and just that simple!
Click HERE to enter the Snackify Challenge with your own RITZ®-topped creation for a chance to win a $100 Gift Card!