Chocolate Bundt Cake with Oreo Cheesecake Filling
It’s time for my Bundt Bakers group today and our challenge was to have a surprise in the middle. I decided to go with an Oreo cheesecake filling in the middle of my chocolate bundt cake I’ve been making forever.
Bundt cakes got popular in the 1960’s after Nordic Ware trademarked the word bundt. I think about every kitchen had a avocado bundt pan in the kitchen then. I remember my mom did. The next color I remember I think was a shade of red. Bundt cakes really increased in popularity after a Pillsbury Bake Off winner in 1966 won with a “Tunnel of Fudge” bundt cake. It took second place and the winner won $5000.00.
This cake is so moist and it is even better the next day.
- 12 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 3/4 cups buttermilk
- 3/4 cups butter, melted and cooled
- 1 2/3 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 cup Oreos, crushed
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup confectioner's sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 cup crushed Oreo's
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a bundt pan with cooking spray.
- Add the cream cheese, egg yolks, sugar and flour to a bowl. Mix until combined on medium high. Stir in the Oreo crumbs and set aside.
- Boil the water. Stir in the unsweetened chocolate. When it is melted add the cocoa.
- Combine the buttermilk and butter in a mixing bowl. Add the brown sugar. Add the eggs and beat until light and fluffy. Add vanilla.
- Combine the flour, baking soda and salt. Add half to the sugar mixture and then add half of the chocolate mixture. When combined add remaining flour and chocolate mixture. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Pour half of the batter into combined pan. Drop spoonfuls of the cheesecake filling in a ring in the center of the cake batter. Cover with remaining batter. (if a little peeks thru, don't worry about it)
- Bake for 45 - 55 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean. Let set for 5 minutes and then turn it out onto a cake rack to cool.
- When the cake has cooled, make the frosting. Mix until it is all combined. Frost the cake and sprinkle the crushed oreo's over the top. (You will frost a section and then do the cookies. Repeat until the entire cake is frosting)
#BundtBakers are a group of Bundt loving bakers who get together once a month to bake Bundts with a common ingredient or theme. Follow our Pinterest board right here. Links are also updated each month on the BundtBakers home page.
We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient. The theme for April is “Hidden Surprise” – Bundt cakes with fillings or stuffing. There was no constraint on filling and flavor choices.The only requirement was that the cake be filled/stuffed inside. Anshie from SpiceRoots was our host for this month.
If you are a food blogger and would like to join us, just send Stacy an email with your blog URL to [email protected].
- Almond Crunch Cake – Magnolia Days
- Balsamic Strawberries Bundt Cake – Our Good Life
- Banana Maple Bundt Cake with Chocolate Star – Un Mordisco Un Pecado
- Black and White Surprise Bundt Cake – Patty’s Cake
- Chocolate and Vanilla Polka Dot Bundt – Passion Kneaded
- Chocolate Bundt Cake with Oreo Cheesecake Filling – Recipes, Food and Cooking
- Chocolate Cheesecake Stuffed Peanut Butter Bundt Cake – Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Citrus Raspberry Bundt – Noshing With The Nolands
- Confetti Zebra Cake – Eat, Drink, Be Mighty
- Cookie Dough Bundt Cake – Liv for Cake
- German Mozarthupf – A Kingdom for a Cake
- Graham Cracker Bundt Cake with Key Lime Cheesecake Swirl – Brooklyn Homemaker
- KitKat Surprise Bundt Cake –Simply Veggies
- Lemon Blueberry Van Halen Bundt – Food Lust People Love
- Orange and Strawberry Jam Bundt Cake – Baking Yummies
- Pear and Blue Cheese Bundt – Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Polka Dot Bundt Cake – Brunch with Joy
- Raspberry Filled Lemon Bundt – A Day in the Life on the Farm/
- Real Nutella Bundt Cake – Baking in Pyjamas
- Savory Monkey Bread Stuffed Bundt – Adventures in All Things Food
- Sour Cream Boozy Hazelnut Bundt Cake – Sidewalk Shoes
- Spring Break S’mores Cake – Tea and Scones
- Strawberry Cheesecake Bundt Cake – Basic N Delicious
- Strawberry Twinky Bundt Cake – I Love Bundt Cakes
- Strawberry Swirl Cream Cheese Pound Cake – Big Rigs ‘n Lil’ Cookies
- Surprise Bundt – Mummy & Cute
- Surprise Filled Chocolate Bundt Cake – Media Ración Doble, Por Favor
- Surprise Inside Carrot Bundt Cake- Making Miracles
- Triple Lemon Bundt Cake – Baking and Creating with Avril
- Tropical Surprise Bundt Cake – Spice Roots