The Magical Slow Cooker
I am so happy to be able to share this new cookbook with you by my friend Sarah Olson. It is brand new this month and for sure it is one you want to get. It is all about Recipes For Busy Moms and Sarah knows first hand all about that. Sarah works at a full time job with the post office and also is busy raising her daughter. The last thing Sarah wants to do when she gets home is starting to prepare dinner, with her slow cooker it is hot and ready for her when she comes home. Instead of stopping for pizza or chicken she knows she has a healthy delicious dinner ready and waiting for her.
You are going to love this book, the recipes are short, simple and tasty. There is everything from appetizers to desserts and everything in between! I had a hard time deciding which recipe I wanted to try first. I finally decided on the Lemon Chicken Spaghetti. I had picked up some asparagus the day before and decided I had to try this first. It took less than 10 minutes in the morning to get it going and less than 15 minutes to have it on the table when it was time for dinner.
Serve it with or without the Parmesan cheese.
- 1½ lbs. raw chicken tenderloins
- 1 cup Italian dressing (Newman's Own preferred)
- Juice of 1 large lemon
- ½ lb. dry spaghetti noodles
- 2 cups bite size asparagus
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- a pinch hot pepper flakes
- Add the chicken, dressing and lemon juice to a 6 qt. slow cooker. Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours without peeking. Shred the chicken into bite size pieces.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. Add the cut asparagus the last 3 minutes of cooking. Drain and add to the slow cooker.
- Add the red pepper flakes and parmesan cheese.
- Serve with additional parmesan cheese.
Sarah has been blogging since 2013 over at The Magical Slow Cooker. There are so many great recipes there I know if you haven’t been to her site before you are going to love it! You can also find her on Pinterest, Twitter and Instagram. Buy the book at Amazon!