Game Day Hummus Dip made with chickpeas, tahini, garlic, lemon juice and olive oil.
Game Day Hummus Dip
I am excited to be taking part in the 2015 Tailgating Party Hop. We’ve got Game Day Appetizers, Main Grub, Game Time Desserts, Game Time Party Ideas and Decor from some really talented Food and Life Style Bloggers. I can’t wait to check out what everyone is sharing!
Have you tried making your own hummus? It is really easy to do. I cooked my beans from dried but you can but canned cannelloni beans and they’ll work great also. Then you just need a few other things and you’ll have a delicious dip in less than 15 minutes.
- 1 (15 oz) can chick peas, drained and rinsed
- 2 - 3 garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons olive oil - divided use
- 4 tablespoons tahini (sesame seed paste)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 3 - 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- Sweet red peppers, chopped
- Place the chick peas in the food processor with the garlic, 2 tablespoons olive oil, lemon juice and tahini. Pulse for several minutes until the mixture is smooth and creamy. If it is too thick add a little water. Add the salt, pepper and cumin.Taste to adjust seasonings.
- Put in a serving dish and top with the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil and sweet peppers. Serve with pita chips.
Maybe you’d like to try?