Big soft Pumpkin Sugar Cookies with Cream Cheese Cinnamon Icing with sprinkles.
Pumpkin Sugar Cookies
Here’s a cookie good for this time of year. This is a big soft sugar cookie and are frosted with a cinnamon cream cheese frosting. I’m not sure which part I like best the cookie or the frosting but together they are oh so good!
See the pumpkin cupcakes in the photo? Those can be found over at The New York Melrose Family coming on Thursday.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 large egg yolks
- 2/3 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 tablespoons sugar to dip glass into
- 3 oz cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups confectionery sugar
- 1 - 1 1/2 tablespoons milk
- Add the flour, cornstarch, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and ginger to a bowl. Stir together and set aside.
- Add the butter, shortening, sugar and brown sugar to a mixing bowl. Beat together until light and fluffy. Add the egg yolks and beat until combined. Add the pumpkin and vanilla. Mix well.
- Add the flour mixture. Stir together until dough comes together.
- Use a medium scoop and measure out dough into balls. Place dough on a greased cookie sheet. Flatten slightly with a glass that has been dipped in the additional sugar.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 - 12 minutes. Remove to a wire rack to cool.
- To make frosting combine the cream cheese and butter. Stir in the cinnamon and vanilla. Add the confectionery sugar with the milk and beat until light and fluffy.