Candy Corn Butter Cookies are swirled cookies in candy corn colors. These are a delicious buttery cookie.
Candy Corn Butter Cookies
I made these colorful Candy Corn Butter cookies the other day to go with my newest giveaway for a Kitchen Aid Mixer. I’m in another giveaway called Bake In Color and it immediately made me think of this colorful cookie! Go on over to That’s My Home to enter. I made a version of these last Christmas and they were a hit so I decided to repeat it again for Halloween using Halloween colors.
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- yellow and orange food coloring
- sanding sugar - optional
- In a mixer bowl combine the sugar and butter. Beat until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and vanilla, mix until thoroughly combined.
- Add the flour, baking powder and salt. Mix util thoroughly combined.
- Divide the dough into 3 pieces. Color one of the pieces orange and the other piece yellow. Wrap up each piece and put in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Roll out each piece using a little additional flour into a 8 x 12 piece of dough. Stack the pieces on top of each other. Using a pizza cutter or knife trim up the edges the best you can. Roll the dough into a tight cylinder, starting on the longest side. Wrap in saran wrap and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Cut the dough into 24 circles. Place the dough on a sprayed baking sheet. Sprinkle with the sanding sugar or sprinkles if desired. Bake for 8 - 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
How about our Halloween Gingerbread House?