Quick pasta dish that comes together in about 15 minutes, Mushrooms, Tomatoes and Basil Pasta is a fast weeknight dish.
I needed a quick pasta dish the other night and after looking in my refrigerator this was the dish I made. I cooked some pasta while I was chopping the vegetables and got them done. Then I quickly sautéed the mushrooms and garlic. Stir in the tomatoes and cook for one minute and add the pasta back to the pan. Add a little parmesan cheese and a small handful of basil and just like that you have a quick and easy pasta dish that you can have on the table in about 15 minutes.
I used Bucatini pasta for this dish which is like a spaghetti only it has a hole in the center of it. It is one of my favorite pastas but can be difficult to find sometimes. I found mine at World Market. Spaghetti will work just fine with this dish also.
- 1/2 lb. pasta (I used Bucatini)
- 1 tomato
- 4 oz. sliced mushrooms
- small handful fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- salt and pepper
- 2 - 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- Cook the pasta in boiling water until ala dente. Drain.
- While the pasta is cooking, slice the mushrooms. Dice up the tomatoes. Mince the garlic.
- Heat a frying pan and add the olive oil. Stir in the garlic and mushrooms. As soon as the mushrooms start to get a little color on them, add the tomatoes. Cook for one minute. Add the pasta back to the pan and toss with the vegetables.
- Add the salt, pepper and parmesan cheese. Toss to combine and add the basil. Serve.