Strawberry Trifle Dessert is layers of twinkies, pudding, sliced strawberries and topped with creamy cool whip.
Strawberry Trifle Dessert
Trifles are fun to make and the possibilities are endless. All a trifle is, is layers of cake, jams, fruits, pudding and whipped cream.It takes about 20 minutes to make this and gets better after it has sat in the refrigerator a few hours for the flavors to meld together.
I finally bought my first box of Hostess Twinkies since they got bought out and I made this amazing strawberry trifle with them. That is after I ate 1 package of twinkies. Hostess twinkies bring back memories of my grandfather. He had a real obsession with them. Everyday I could after school I would go to his house and he would give me just enough money for a package of twinkies for him and a 5 cent coke for me and a friend. We would go downtown and go to the pharmacy and have a coke and then go to the corner party store for his twinkies.
- 4 packages twinkies - (8 total twinkies)
- 2 small packages sugar free vanilla pudding
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 package cool whip
- handful toasted almonds - optional
- 1 quart strawberries
- Add the pudding mix, milk and condensed sweetened milk to a bowl. Whisk it together. Let is set several minutes until it starts to thicken. Fold in half of the cool whip.
- Wash and slice the strawberries into a bowl.
- Cut the twinkies into 8 pieces. Place half of them on the bottom of the trifle bowl.
- Place half of the strawberries over the twinkies. Spread half of the pudding mixture over the strawberries. Add the remaining twinkies. Press down on them lightly. Add the remaining strawberries and then the pudding. Spread the remaining cool whip on top. Sprinkle with the almonds if using. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Strawberry Ice Cream