Cinnamon Rolls made using our 3 Ingredients Biscuit recipe. Full of cinnamon goodness! Ready in 20 minutes or less.
Quick and Easy Cinnamon Rolls
Remember the 3 Ingredients Biscuit recipe that I did the other day? While I was eating one I remembered a cinnamon roll my mom would sometimes make us using Bisquick on weekend mornings. OMG, these are so much better!
With the biscuit recipe and some cinnamon smear these are what a quick cinnamon roll should taste like. They are light, tender with a cinnamon goodness and just a touch of sweetness from the icing.
- Biscuit Dough
- 2 cups White Lily self rising flour - plus a little more for rolling out
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons Crisco or butter (I used half and half today)
- Cinnamon smear
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup confectionary sugar
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Mix together the cinnamon smear and set aside.
- Make the biscuit dough
- Cut the shortening into the flour. Stir in the buttermilk until combined. Have ready a piece of waxed paper with some additional flour on it. Put dough in center and knead it a few turns until the dough hold together. Sprinkle a little more flour on the wax paper making sure it is not sticking under the dough. Pat the dough out into a 8 x 14 shape.
- Spread the cinnamon smear on the dough.
- Roll the dough into a cylinder. You can use the wax paper to help you roll the dough by lifting and rolling the dough over itself.
- Cut into 12 pieces. Place in a greased 9 inch cake pan.
- Bake at 450 degrees for about 12 minutes. They will be browned on the bottom and tops. While baking mix up the icing.
- Turn out of pan unto a cooling rack. Flip over and ice while still hot.
Maybe you’d like to try?