Greek Chicken K-Bobs are marinated in a orange juice and greek marinade. They are grilled and served with orzo.
Greek Chicken K-Bobs
What a beautiful weekend we are having, 70’s and 80’s for most of the week. Finally no rain! I decided to take advantage of the gorgeous weather and grill out. I had some more of those giant chicken breasts we get now at the store. I try and find the smallest one but sometimes you just have to buy the big ones, you know the ones, the one where one chicken breast will feed 2 people. I usually find when I buy these that they work really well for k-bobs or chicken cutlets. Anything that breaks down some of that connective tissue that can make these chicken breasts seem tough.
So this is a pretty easy recipe. The marinade mixture is equal amounts of orange juice and greek salad dressing mixed together. You can zest the orange if using fresh and add it to the marinade for a touch of freshness. Marinade for at least 30 minutes being sure to turn the k-bobs at least once. I served my k-bobs with an orzo pasta dish cooked in chicken broth that has a dash of oregano in it with parmesan cheese added at the end, salt and lots of fresh cracked pepper.
- 1 lb. chicken breast – cut into bite size pieces
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup Greek dressing
- Red Pepper
- Soak wooden skewers for 30 minutes before starting.
- Mix together marinade ingredients.
- Thread chicken, onion and peppers onto skewers. Place in marinade and turn to coat. Cover and chill. Turn at least once. Marinade for at least 30 minutes and preferably 2 – 4 hours.
- Turn grill to high settings. When it gets hot bbq skewers until cooked through. Mine took about 10 – 12 minutes. I turned down the heat to medium when I turned the k-bobs.
- Serves 2
- Mary Ellen - That's My Home
Alice Springs Chicken