Salty, yet sweet and tangy, the marinade for this dish hits all the right notes for summer.
The weather is wonderful here today so I decided to head out to the grill again. I love this marinade recipe. It is both sweet and salty, yum! Next time I make it I am going to try the sugarfree preserves on this and see how that works.
I grilled half chicken breasts so be sure to check your weight for the points. We had sweet potatoes and roasted asparagus as the sides with this. This is definitely a make again recipe and I can’t wait to try this marinade with other meats and fish.
- 6 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp ginger root, fresh, minced
- 6 Tbsp apricot preserves
- 6 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 pounds uncooked boneless, skinless chicken breast, four 4-oz pieces
- Preheat grill.
- In a large bowl, whisk together lime juice, ginger, preserves and soy sauce. Set aside 1/2 of the marinade. Add chicken to remaining marinade, cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour and up to 24 hours, turning chicken occasionally.
- Grill chicken until firm and cooked through, about 4 to 5 minutes per side.
- POINTS® Value: 5
- Servings: 4
- Note: I would marinade the chicken a minimum of 2 hours when I make this again.