I’ve been making this carrot cake recipe for years. A cousin of mine gave it to me many years ago in San Francisco. Until today I have never made cupcakes with it but they came out wonderful and freeze great.
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 1/3 cups vegetable oil
- 3 egg whites
- 2 cups grated carrot
- 1 cup chopped nuts, optional
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Mix together the oil and sugar. Add the egg whites and mix well. Add the carrots, pineapple, cinnamon and vanilla. Mix well.
- Stir together the baking soda, salt and flour. Add to mixing bowl and combine well. Stir in nuts if using.
- Place liners in a cupcake pan. Scoop batter into cupcake pans.
- Bake in a 350ºF. oven for about 20 minutes. Cool in pan.
- Spread with Cream Cheese Icing.