This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #RealFlavorRealFast #CollectiveBias
Pressure Cooker Carnitas Lettuce Wraps
One hour is all it takes to make these delicious pork carnitas lettuce wraps in a electric pressure cooker or Insta Pot. I started by using a new product from Smithfield®, their seasoned carnitas pork. Smithfield® has an entire line of products that can be made in 45 minutes or less for “Real Flavor, Real Fast” goodness and they are all available at Walmart. The carnitas take 30 minutes on high or 1 hour on low to make in the pressure cooker. All you have is about 10 – 15 minutes of prep time. Then sit back and relax while your pressure cooker does all of the work.
These new Smithfield Marinated Boneless Pork Shoulder Seasoned Carnitas are now available at Walmart. I’ve bought it twice in the last week, that’s how much we love it.
- Smithfield Marinated Sweet & Smoky Pork Roast
- Smithfield Marinated Homestyle Pork Roast
When you don’t know what to make for dinner and need something fast and easy, that’s where Smithfield® Marinated Fresh Pork comes in. These are a delicious dinner option that is perfect for any night of the week. There is a whole product line of marinated pork recipes that can be easily prepared in a variety of ways including, grilled, roasted or sautéed. There are a variety of options and flavors using Tenderloins, Loin Filets and Roasts.
Ibotta has a $1.00 off coupon you can use to buy it. Click on the coupon to get yours.
As you can see we only need a few ingredients to make these Pressure Cooker Carnitas Lettuce Wraps. (forgot to include the onion, sorry) You could also skip doing the fresh tomato mixture and use salsa instead for another tip saving tip.
Brown the pork under the browning cycle.
Shred your pork. You should be able to easily do this, I use 2 forks to do it.
- 1 package Smithfield Marinated Boneless Pork Shoulder Seasoned Carnitas
- jalapeno slices
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- ½ cup sweet onion
- 4 tablespoons freshly chopped cilantro
- shredded cheddar cheese
- lettuce leaves
- Put the seasoned pork into your electric pressure cooker or Instapot. Select the brown cycle. Saute pork pieces until browned.
- Put pressure cooker on high and cook for 30 minutes or 60 minutes on low. When finished cooking shred the pork.
- Put some of the shredded pork on the lettuce leaves.
- Mix together the chopped tomatoes, chopped onions and cilantro.
- Add the jalapeno slices, some of the tomato and onion mixture.
- Top with the shredded cheese.
Maybe you’d like to try another of our recipes using the Smithfield® Seasoned Carnitas pork?