This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #JustAddRotel #CollectiveBias
Ro*Tel Cheeseburger Spaghetti
It’s Basketball Party time and I think your food should be as fun as the game. After all who wants to spend all of their time in the kitchen when the big tournament is on? We all know that feeding a crowd for a party can be like feeding a basketball team so finding recipes that can be made ahead are a must for me.
This recipe is so easy that you’re going to love it. I’ve been making it for years and it is the perfect make ahead main dish. You can either pop it in the oven or your crock pot (on low for 2 – 4 hours). If you are serving a crowd for the big tournament, I would double this recipe. This is sure to be a hit! It has just a little heat to it with a creamy, cheesy sauce that is full of Ro*Tel tomatoes with ground beef and a thin linguine. Ro*Tel tomatoes use a secret blend of seasonings that make these tomatoes extra special.
One of the things I love about Ro*tel tomatoes is all of the choices you have. Ro*Tel has you covered so that you can choose the heat level you love. You can choose between Original, Mild, Hot, Chunky and Mexican. They also have Chili Fixin’s. I have been using Ro*Tel for years, I love the quality of the product. Did you know that from the time the tomatoes are picked that that they are canned within 6 hours! Amazing.
Look for Ro*Tel tomatoes at Walmart and save money when you use this Buy 3, Get 1 Free coupon! This exclusive RO*TEL coupon is good (while supplies) until April 6th so download and use yours TODAY!
If you make this Ro*Tel Cheeseburger Spaghetti your guests are going to hoping for overtime! I’d serve this with a salad bar with some corn chips. I saw some cute football serving dishes at the dollar store that would be perfect for the salad bar goodies. You can chop up everything ahead of time and set out at game time.
Here are a few suggestions to make your party more fun!
1. Buy a few basketball hoops with foam balls and have them sitting out in the TV room for guests to play.
2. Create a basketball trivia card on the computer. Have a prize for the guest that gets the most right.
4. Look for free printables on Pinterest to decorate for the big game.
5. Consider doing the party as a Potluck!
- 1½ lbs. ground beef
- ½ box linguine
- 1 can Mild Ro*Tel Tomatoes
- ½ cup diced onion
- 2 garlic cloves - minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk
- 8 oz. cheddar cheese
- 1 - 2 jalapeno peppers - seeded and chopped (optional)
- handful cilantro - chopped
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Brown the ground beef with the onions and garlic. Add the Ro*Tel tomatoes.
- Cook the linguine for about 6 minutes, it will finish cooking when it is baked. Rinse well in a strainer.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan. Stir in the flour. Add the milk and whisk until thickened. Add the cheese and stir until melted.
- Combine the ground beef, linguine and cheese sauce together. Add the cilantro. Stir in the jalapenos. Add salt and pepper to taste. Pour mixture into a greased casserole dish.
- Bake for 15 - 20 minutes until it starts to bubble and brown. If you made this ahead and it is coming from the refrigerator it will take 45 minutes to bake.
Be sure to pick up your cans of Ro*Tel to make game day a big hit! Leave me a message about your favorite recipes using Ro*Tel? I love comments!