Crock Pot Cheeseburger Casserole is made used ground beef, corkscrew pasta, tomatoes, topped with sharp cheese and diced dill pickles.
I had my doubts about what this would taste like when I started it but I just had to try it. I added a few more spices to it and this will be going into my rotation of things I’d make again. Those are even dill pickles on top. They actually helped pull the whole thing together. I bet your kids will love this dish!
This cheeseburger casserole is real easy to make, I browned the ground beef and onions on the stove and added it to the crock pot with the tomatoes and spices. I let it cook on high for 3 1/2 hours and then added the cooked noodles in. 15 minutes later I added the cheese and pickles. When the cheese is all melted it is ready to dive into. Don’t skip the pickles!
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1½ cups chopped onion
- salt and pepper
- 1 28 oz. can crushed tomatoes
- ½ cup water
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasonings
- 2 cups corkscrew pasta or rotini
- 6 oz. sharp cheddar cheese
- ¾ cup diced dill pickles
- Brown the ground beef on the stove with the onion.
- Spray the crock pot with cooking spray. Add the ground beef and onions to the crock pot.
- Stir in the tomatoes, water, salt, pepper, Italian seasonings and dijon mustard. Cover and let cook for about 3½ hours. (can also cook on low all day)
- Bring a large pan of water to a boil. Add a teaspoon of salt. Cook noodles until almost done. Drain well and add to the crock pot. Stir until well mixed. Cover.
- Add the cheese and top with the chopped pickles 15 minutes after adding the pasta. Cover again and wait until the cheese melts to serve, it will take about 15 minutes depending on your crock pot.
Maybe you’d like to try?