Strawberry Ooey Gooey Butter Cake
It was time to make a new ooey gooey butter cake for you and since I had a quart of strawberries in the refrigerator this is it. It goes together really quickly and is really good warm. I used a white cake mix because it was what I had but a strawberry cake mix would be great also. I made it last minute to take on a picnic at the beach. This was dessert as we watched the sun go down at Pass a Grille.
- 1 package white cake mix (can use strawberry)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 8 oz. cream cheese - at room temperature
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups confectioners sugar
- 1 quart strawberries sliced
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Spray a 9 x 13 pan.
- Add cake mix, egg and butter to pan. Mix together well. Pat out into a level crust.
- Add all of the topping ingredients to a mixing bowl. Mix with an electric mixer until well combined. Pour over crust.
- Bake for 35 - 40 minutes until a cake tester comes out clean.
Maybe you’d like to try another of our ooey gooey cakes?