Pork Chops with a Strawberry Balsamic Sauce
Today with Sunday Supper it is all about Easy Pork Chops recipes. Pork chops are one of my favorite weeknight dinners because they can be quickly cooked in about any way you can think of.
There are basically 5 kinds of pork chops, the shoulder chop, the rib chop, the loin cut, the boneless cut and sirloin cut. Depending on the cut of meat you have will depend on the cooking method. All pork should be cooked to 145 – 160 degrees and benefits from a short rest before serving.
The shoulder chop has tons of flavor but is the highest when it comes to bone and gristle. It benefits best by braising it so you can cook it for longer periods of time than the others.
The rib chop or center cut pork chop is cut from the center loin and benefits best with quick cooking or grilling. The rib chop does not have a tenderloin piece in it.
The loin chop may contain some of the tenderloin meat. It also benefits best with quick cooking and grilling.
The boneless cut is cut from the loin and has little fat or connective tissue. It is best cooked quickly.
The sirloin chop is one of my favorites. It is best braised or a long slow cooking cooking process such as stews and soups. These chops benefit greatly from a brining process.
Pork Chop Cooking Tips
Thicker is better when it comes to pork chops. Ideally you want them to be 1 1/2 inches thick.
Brining will help keep the meat moist and adds lots of flavor.
Bone in chops are my choice because the bones add flavor to the meat and also help in the cooking process.
Don’t overcook them!
- 4 pork chops
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary minced
- 2 - 4 garlic cloves minced
- Balsamic Sauce
- 1 pint strawberries
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Mix together the oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper. Add the pork chops and coat the surface with the marinade. Let pork chops marinade for at least 2 hours.
- Start the grill and cook the pork chops.
- Add the butter to a pan. Add in the strawberries, if real big cut in half or quarters. Add the balsamic vinegar with the honey. Cook for 3 - 4 minutes. Place on top of pork chops.
Join us and enjoy the recipes the Sunday Supper taste makers are sharing with you today.
- Braised Orange Tomato Pork Chops by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Braised Pork Chops with Country Gravy by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Breakfast Chops by Palatable Pastime
- Brown Sugar and Balsamic Glazed Pork Chops by My Sweet Savings
- Chili Rubbed Pork Chops with Apricot Ginger Glaze by Life Tastes Good
- Cider Braised Pork Chops with Apple and Rutabaga by Caroline’s Cooking
- Creamy Apple Pork Chops by Savory Experiments
- Easy Cilantro Lime Pork Chops by Cooking Chat
- Easy One Pan Oven Roasted Pork Chops by Pies and Plots
- Easy Oven Baked & Breaded Pork Chops by Hardly A Goddess
- Fontina Pork Chops with Mushroom Sauce by Soulfully Made
- Fried Pork Chops by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Grilled Boneless Pork Chops with Broccoli Rabe by Simple and Savory
- Grilled Pork Chops with a Strawberry Balsamic Glaze by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Indian-Spiced Pork Chop Potato Skillet by Sunday Supper Movement
- Japanese-Style Pork Chops Tonkatsu by Asian In America
- Mom’s Cornflake Pork Chops by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Mushroom Smothered Pork Chops over Noodles by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
And More Pork Chops
- One Pan Pesto Pork Chops by Cricket’s Confections
- Pork & Peppers Stir Fry by Wholistic Woman
- Pork Chops Dijonnaise by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Pork Chops with Dirty Rice by Turnips 2 Tangerines
- Pork Chops, Peperoncini and Potatoes by Tramplingrose
- Prosciutto Wrapped Brie and Onion Stuffed Pork Chops by The Freshman Cook
- Quick Brine Pork Chops with Brown Sugar Glaze by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Quick Easy Maple Glazed Pork Chops by Sprinkles and Sprouts
- Skillet Tuscan Pork Chops by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Slow Cooker BBQ Pork Chops by Big Bear’s Wife
- Slow Cooker Pork Chops with Mushroom Sauce by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Spicy Maple-Glazed Pork Chops with Jalapeno Cheese Grits by The Weekend Gourmet
- Vietnamese Grilled Pork Chop by Brunch-n-Bites
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.