I made this today doing some individual ones and one bigger round one. I used a pan for the individual ones that are the size of a cupcake pan only with removable bottoms. I sprayed them really well and they came right out. I got 12 individual ones and a larger one. Total this recipe makes 1 1/4 lbs. of cashew butter crunch. It just melts in your mouth. You can use any kind of nuts you want to in this recipe, I love it with pecans too!
- 1 cup salted butter
- 1 cup white sugar ( I use Dixie Crystals)
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups salted cashews
- Add the butter to a 2 1/2 quart heavy bottomed pan.
- When the butter is melted add the sugar and corn syrup.
- Cook over medium heat for about 8 minutes, the mixture needs to reach 300 degrees. Stir constantly while it is cooking so that it doesn't scorch on the bottom of the pan.
- Stir in the cashews and vanilla
- Pour into a buttered dish or on a cookie sheet. Let cool. Break up in pieces to serve.