These yummy and spicy pumpkin cupcakes are sure to be a hit for a Halloween party or dinner with the family. They are frosted with a scrumptious cream cheese frosting that will melt in your mouth. Halloween is one of my favorite holidays, I love all of the decorations! I decorate a tree every year full of witches, ghosts, bats and goblins.
If you’re having a party here is a quick and easy idea that all will love and you can fill it with all kinds of candies. It takes a piece of construction paper, a Halloween stamp set or even Halloween stickers will work to decorate them. A small handful of shredded paper adds to the festive look. You can find the clear bags I used at any craft store. There is a free pattern here you can use to make the box. French Fry Box Template.
- 1 1/2 cups + 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 8 oz cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Add the sugar, brown sugar and oil to a mixing bowl. Mix until combined. Add the eggs, vanilla and canned pumpkin. Mix until well incorporated.
- Add the spices, baking powder, baking soda and salt to the flour.
- Stir in to the sugar, oil mixture and beat well for about 3 minutes.
- Place batter in cupcake liners filling about 2/3 full.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 - 18 minutes.
- Cool before frosting.
- To make frosting, cream together the cream cheese and butter for about 3 minutes. Add the powdered sugar, milk and vanilla. Beat for 5 minutes until frosting is light and fluffy.
- Pipe the frosting on the cupcakes and add sprinkles then top with a Halloween candy corn pumpkin.
- I also made some Pumpkin Sugar Cookies that are so good and they are frosted with a Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting.
I also made some Pumpkin Sugar Cookies that are so good and they are frosted with a Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting.