I have received compensation for this post but all of the opinions are mine.
I’ve partnered with PEEPS® for the “24 Days of PEEPSONALITY” Advent Calendar. I don’t know about you but eating a Peep brings out the kid in me. Growing up we only got PEEPS® at Easter and I used to be known to hoard a box or 2. Today PEEPS® are around for every holiday and this Christmas there are 2 new flavors on the block. I used the PEEPS® Hot Cocoa & Cream Flavored Marshmallow Chicks Dipped in White Fudge. There is also a new PEEPS® Milk Chocolate Dipped Sugar Cookie Flavored Chicks.
I made cupcakes for you using a boxed cake mix, homemade fluffy hot chocolate frosting and of course topped with a PEEPS®! If you are looking for something fast and easy these cute cupcakes will be a hit. I’ve been making this frosting for years and it is so good, light and fluffy with just the right amount of chocolate.
Just a few ingredients and these cupcakes are so festive and ready for any Christmas event you might want to take them to. In case you’re serving hot chocolate I made some quick and easy white chocolate spoons to go with the cupcakes. To make them all you do is melt the chocolate and put a little in the bowl of the spoon. Add a few sprinkles for a festive feeling. A PEEPS® floating in that hot chocolate would be great also.
Information about Holiday PEEPS®:
PEEPS® Hot Cocoa & Cream Flavored Marshmallow Chicks Dipped in White Fudge
- These three delectable hot cocoa-inspired marshmallow Chicks are dipped in white fudge and are a great holiday indulgence.
PEEPS® Milk Chocolate Dipped Sugar Cookie Flavored Chicks
- The holidays are a time to show off your cookie baking skills. But don’t worry if you aren’t a baker, because PEEPS® has created Sugar Cookie flavored marshmallow Chicks dipped in mouthwatering milk chocolate.
- Suggested retail price for either of these is: $1.99 – $2.49 for a three count package
- 1 chocolate cake mix
- 2/3 cup cocoa
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 cups confectionery sugar
- Candy canes
- PEEPS® Hot Cocoa & Cream Flavored Marshmallow Chicks Dipped in White Fudge
- Make the cake mix according to package directions. Make into cupcakes.
- Heat the heavy cream until it comes to a boil.
- Put the cocoa in a mixing bowl. Add the hot cream and mix until the cocoa is incorporated. Cool.
- Add the butter a tablespoon at a time at medium speed. When incorporated add the vanilla and confectionery sugar.
- Beat on high speed until light and fluffy.
- Put the frosting in a pastry bag fitted with a large star tip. Pipe the frosting on the cupcakes. Sprinkle with sprinkles. Top with a Hot Cocoa & Cream PEEPS®. Add a candy cane.
Visit the PEEPS® Website or on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram and Twitter. I’m really excited because my readers can all get a special discount coupon for purchasing their holiday PEEPS®. Use this special code for the coupon. SWEETINGS15.
I am also going to give one lucky reader an assortment of Holiday PEEPS®. Be sure to enter and come back everyday and tweet about the giveaway for more chances to win!